We at Topline Doyles updated our Privacy Statement as we respect your right to protect your personal information and as such are committed to complying to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect on 25/05/2018.
What information does Topline Doyles collect?
- We collect information from you when you place an order or communication such as email.
- When ordering, we ask you for your name, email address, mailing address & phone number.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
How do we use your information?
· To quickly process your transactions.
· To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
· Only when consent is given we will notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the site, new services and special offers that may be of interest. We will always ensure the content we send to you is informative and written with you in mind to ensure it adds value.
The GDPR states,
1. ‘The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest.’
This may be where consent is not viable or not preferred, though the Data Protection Network rightly stresses the fact that organisations will still need to show that there is a balance of interests
– their own and those of the person receiving the marketing.
Of course, any individual can object to direct marketing and it is one of the examples of legitimate interests for which objection is already fairly well understood and easy to action (often by unsubscribe link or by contacting the company in question to request).
2. Relevant and appropriate relationship
This may be a direct appropriate relationship, such as where the individual is a client.
3. Reasonable expectations
We will always aim to provide a clear method for you to opt out. You can unsubscribe or opt out of being kept up to date about our product information as well as industry updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in email correspondence. You can also contact us directly at [email protected] at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing material.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Your rights include the following as per Articles 15-21 of the GDPR Guidelines:
· Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
· Right of rectification – you have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data
· Right to erasure – you have the “right to be forgotten” which allows for the right of the removal of data
· Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict processing of personal data
· Right of portability – you have the right to request the porting of your data to a new service provider
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain processing activities of the data controller
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information you provide to us is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via secure technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
All payment transactions are handled by our reputable payment service provider. We do not store your credit or debit card details.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we retain your data?
We will keep your account details for as long as you remain a customer with us and thereafter to comply with legal reasons e.g. Revenues legal requirements. After 7 years of completion of contract we will delete your personal information.
Every individual has the right to withdraw their personal data at any time and to have their personal data deleted or updated as per GDPR legislation. To amend any details, our contact details are at the bottom of this policy.
Web Browser Cookies
How we use collected information
Company may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Sharing your data with third parties
Topline Doyles will only share information with third parties who help us with the delivery of our service to our customers. Any information shared will be strictly necessary for the provision of the service they help us provide. Any third party which Topline Doyles work with and share information with will be expected to have the same standard of data protection as Topline Doyles does and will be contractually obligated to use measures to protect this information.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to [email protected]. You may also write to us or call us at Topline Doyles, Shamrock Business Park, Graiguecullen, Carlow, R93 W8D9. Telephone: +353 59 9131847.